Sylvester Stallone was accused in 1986 of coercing a woman into a threesome with his bodyguard at a Las Vegas hotel room where she had arrived at the Rocky star’s invitation, according to a police report that never resulted in criminal charges.
The account, never before been made public, surfaced Thursday in the Daily Mail. The woman was 16 at the time, which the police report states she had disclosed to Stallone and is the age of consent in Nevada.
Michelle Bega, spokeswoman for Stallone, shared this statement with us: “This is a ridiculous, categorically false story. No one was ever aware of this story until it was published today, including Mr. Stallone. At no time was Mr. Stallone ever contacted by any authorities or anyone else regarding this matter.”
The woman told police that she had seen Stallone at the Vegas Hiton on the set of a movie that was shooting there, and struck up a conversation as he signed an autograph for her. She returned later with a larger picture and encountered Stallone’s bodyguard, who gave her a key to Stallone’s room after confirming she was interested in the movie star, according to the report.
The woman and the bodyguard went upstairs where she and Stallone began to briefly have consensual sex; she told police she only became uncomfortable when Stallone asked the bodyguard, who was waiting in the adjoining bathroom, to join them. The report says there was no physical force but that “she felt like she had no choice.”
When the encounter was over, Stallone told her they were both married men and that if she told anyone, “We’ll have to beat your head in.” She says she and Stallone both laughed and that she believed it to be a joke. (Stallone had recently married model Brigitte Nielsen at the time, and their subsequent divorce was highly publicized.)
Stallone’s accuser did not immediately contact police, but told an acquaintance who reached out to the hotel’s VIP department, which called in investigators. She told police she was choosing not to prosecute because she was “humiliated and ashamed,” and signed a form indicating no desire to prosecute.
There is no indication in the police report that Stallone was contacted by investigators; however, police did take away a temporary conceal-and-carry permit from the bodyguard, which concluded the matter.
The account is just the latest revelation of alleged sexual misconduct to come out since producer Harvey Weinstein was accused by multiple women of serial sexual predation in multiple reports last month.