Kodi (formerly known as XBMC) is now available on the Xbox One video game console. Over the past several years, Microsoft’s and Sony’s products have become increasingly versatile. Their internet connectivity and processing power have made them popular choices for streaming services as well as video games. As you may know, Kodi can manage all types of media sources. That gives them the ability to put everything into one location in one interface. The combination of Xbox One and Kodi is a concept that is long overdue. In this guide, we will show you how to download and install it.
How to Install Kodi 17.x Krypton on Xbox One
The Kodi team launched the Alpha version of the program on December 29th, 2017. That means that it is available but updates and tweaks may happen on a regular basis. If you are not able to find it through the two channels, you may have to stay tuned until a stable version is released. If and when available, you may install the program by using one of two ways.
Install Kodi for Xbox One from the Microsoft Store
- Open the Microsoft Store from inside your console.
- In the Search Box at the top of the screen, type Kodi.
- When you see the results come up, click on the option that says Kodi.
- Once inside the information screen, select the button that says Get. You should notice that the availability column says Xbox One. If it does not, there is likely to be an update soon.
- The program is ready for use once the installation is finished.
Install Kodi for XBox One from the Xbox Store
- Go to the Xbox Store from inside your console.
- At the top of the screen where you see the Search Box, type in Kodi.
- You will now be redirected to the Microsoft Store to download the program.
- Once the download is complete, the program is usable.
There you have it. Those are the two ways to get the program on the Xbox One. If you have the option to download the Kodi v18 (named Leia), there are some definite advantages over the previous version. One of the biggest is the use of the 64-bit technology that it features. Of course, that will make the program run faster and more efficiently as long as the device you want to use supports it. Whether you are using an Xbox One, personal computer, or other devices, there is a good chance that 64-bit technology is supported.
Instructions for customizing your Kodi install may be found on our website.