At around 227 mb, the Hexane build is a medium sized offering. If you try to use it on a limited resource device, you may have some issues with speed. However, It should work just fine on PCs or higher end devices. This one has some good looking backgrounds and has many of the popular add-ons in the community. It is certainly worth taking a look at. If you want a closer look, use our guide to help you download, install, and view it.
Before we get started, keep in mind that this build is not part of the official Kodi repository. If you have questions, please do not go to the Kodi support forums for help. Instead, you will want to reach out to the Ares team with any questions.
How to Install the Hexane Build for Kodi v17 Krypton
- Open Kodi Krypton (v17).
- From the opening screen, click on the Settings gear on the top left side of the screen. When you see File Manager as a subcategory, click on it.
- Next, click on Add source.
- Click in the box that says <None>, enter http://ares-repo.eu/ and click OK.
- Now, label it ares, or whatever you like. As long as you know what it is, you are fine. Next, hit OK.
- Once added, go back to the home screen, and click on the heading that says Add-ons.
- From here, click on the icon of the open box and choose Install from zip file.
- Choose ares and then repository.aresproject/ > repository.aresproject.zip.
- Wait for a few moments, and you’ll get a notification message telling you that the addon is enabled.
- Navigate to the home screen, and click on Addons and then Program Add-ons. Click on the Ares Wizard. Choose the Browse Builds button, and find the Hexane Build section.
- Choose the Hexane Build and click Install.