The Grim Reaper build is a lightweight option that you will want to take a look at. At just over 164mb, this one is good for those that have lower end devices. You won’t want to miss out on this one. To try it out, use our guide and have a look at our images.
Reminder: Use a VPN with Kodi to remain anonymous and access all Kodi add-ons. We recommend IPVanish, a zero-log VPN that delivers the fastest speeds of all providers we’ve tested. Get 60% off now exclusively through Kodi Fan.
Because Kodi is open source, there are many developers that create add-ons for the platform. They are divided into two major groups. The ones located in the Official Kodi Addon Repository are official add-ons. All others are unofficial. This build is in the second group. You are not allowed to talk about the group 2 add-ons on the official forums or websites. If you need help, you’ll want to contact the Ares Team. They will be glad to assist you with any questions you have. Please note that we are using the Kodi v17 Krypton version of the program.
Install the Grim Reaper Build on Kodi Krypton (17.x)
- Open Kodi Krypton (v17).
- From the opening screen, click on the Settings gear on the top left side of the screen. When you’ll see File Manager as a subcategory, click on it.
- Next, click on Add source.
- Click in the box that says <None>, enter http://aw.ares-project.com/ and click OK.
- Now, label it ares, or whatever you like. As long as you know what it is, you are fine. Next, hit OK.
- Once added, go back to the home screen and select Add-ons. Of the options listed here, select Install from zip file.
- Choose ares, repository.aresproject/, and then repository.aresproject.zip.
- Wait for a few moments, and you’ll get a notification message telling you that the repo is enabled.
- Choose Install from repository > Ares Project > Program add-ons > Ares Wizard > Install.
- Wait for the notification message.
- Navigate to the home screen, choose Addons, and then Program Add-ons. Choose the Ares Wizard and select Browse builds.
- Next, look for the Grim Reaper section, select Grim Reaper, and Install.
- Close Kodi and re-open it.