Many Kodi users like to change up the look and feel of their kodi install. One way to do that is to change the backgrounds up. That can be done with overlays or background skins. That is where the Background Overlays Pack – Basic addon comes into the picture. We love that it is so easy to change, or change back if you do not care for it. If you want to take a closer look, all you have to do is use our guide to help you download and install it today.
Reminder: Use a VPN with Kodi to remain anonymous and access all Kodi add-ons. We recommend IPVanish, a zero-log VPN that delivers the fastest speeds of all providers we’ve tested. Get 60% off now exclusively through Kodi Fan.
Because Kodi is open source, there are many developers that create add-ons for the platform. They are divided into two major groups. The ones located in the Official Kodi Addon Repository are official add-ons. All others are unofficial. This add-on is in the first group. You are allowed to talk about this add-on in the official forums and websites. If you need help, they’ll be glad to help you.
Install Background Overlays Pack – Basic for Kodi (v17.x)
- Once you open Kodi, click on Add-ons.
- At the top, select the icon of the open box.
- Now choose Install from repository and click on Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Go to Look and feel, Image Collection, and select Background Overlays Pack – Basic.
- Now that it is opened, click Install.
- Wait for the add-on enabled message.
- You are ready to enjoy it by exiting out of kodi and re-entering.
Install Background Overlays Pack – Basic for Kodi (v16.x)
- Open Kodi. You will be on the home screen.
- Now, go to System > Add-ons > Install from repository.
- Choose Kodi Add-on Repository and select Look and feel.
- Find Image Collection, Background Overlays Pack – Basic, and click Install.
- You’ll now see the message telling you that the add-on is enabled.
- Now, exit out of kodi and re-open it.